You're Going Where?

Wednesday, June 08, 2005

She's making a list, checking it twice...

With just under a month before I leave, my list of things to do to should be very long and detailed, but I don't even know where to begin to make it. There are the things I need to shop for, the details I need to arrange, the people I need to contact, and the actual packing I need to do.

On shopping: It seems like I would need to make a lot of purchases, but I keep thinking I'll just need things there that I already have because I need them here. I know I need to get more shirts with no words on them so my appearance doesn't scream tourist. I also need to buy an electric converter/adaptor and either buy or find a money belt. Other than that and a sleeping bag, though, I think I should have everything.

On arranging details and contacting people: It would be really nice to have my passport and visa in hand but, since I have to wait on that, I suppose I'll have to be patient. In the meantime, I need to mail a number of forms to Mizzou, register for my capstone, and set up a mass e-mail list to tell people about things that happen. Again, I feel like there should be more for me to be doing here, but since I don't have any information about where I'll be when I get there or anything, there isn't a whole lot I can do.

Most importantly, on the actual packing: I have no idea how I'm going to fit all the things I need for 5 months into one duffle bag. I need to take a camping backpack and sleeping bag, all my clothes and linens for 5 months, toiletries, paperwork, school stuff, and entertainment stuff. And, to make matters worse, I'm still waiting for my bag to arrive so I can start loading it.

One month and many million complications and little tasks to go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home