You're Going Where?

Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Tomorrow?

Tomorrow I depart. Tomorrow at 6:00 a.m. I leave my house not to return for 5 months. And tomorrow evening I'll lift off the ground in New York and leave the U.S. for 5 months. I think I'm almost ready.

I've spent the last week repeating to myself, "I'm LEAVING in (fill in correct amount here) days to go into the unknown for FIVE MONTHS." It's starting to feel real. At least, I think that's what that nausea in the pit of my stomach is. I've said most of my goodbyes already, leaving this as a day to mostly relax and mentally prepare. I even managed to get everything I'm taking into ONE giant duffel bag and my carry-on bookbag.

So in case I didn't get to say goodbye to you in person, consider yourself hugged and farewelled. I'll miss you for sure, so please, PLEASE stay in touch! I'll post again when I'm safely on South African soil.

1 Comments:

  • Just seeing if your setting change has worked... looks like it has!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home