You're Going Where?

Wednesday, September 21, 2005

I'm so OLD!

Before I left for South Africa, I determined to ignore my birthday and simply wait until I returned to the States to celebrate with my friends and family there. As the day drew closer and I made more friends in Cape Town, however, I decided to celebrate here on my actual birthday, then celebrate again with people in the U.S. when I get home. I had been scared that my birthday wouldn't be any fun so far away from home. I was wrong.

Monday ended up being a wonderful birthday after all. I got phone calls from four people I love in the U.S., I got tons of birthday messages via e-mail and the Facebook, and I even got a few greetings from the U.S. in the mail or hand-delivered.

The actual birthday celebration ended up being a dinner at an Italian restaurant in Claremont, which is a suburb near where I live. We had a group of twelve girls, all American students studying at UCT this semester. We feasted, laughed, conversed, and generally had a wonderful evening. I even ordered an alcoholic beverage for the first time ever. (Just a reassurance, I did NOT get drunk, even though it was my 21st birthday!)

This entry is not to brag or even describe, really, I just wanted to thank all of the people who put forth so much effort to make my birthday wonderful. I'm so blessed to have people like you in my life! Thanks for your thoughtfulness, care, and kind words!

1 Comments:

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home