You're Going Where?

Saturday, August 13, 2005

Left Behind

There's something about knowing that everyone at home is heading off to school that makes me feel a little left out and homesick. It's silly, I know, since I'm in an AMAZING place and having a once-in-a-lifetime experience, but the idea of everyone moving back to school and getting ready for a new semester makes me sort of wish I were there.

I read about three of my friends moving back to school today. I, for one, hate moving all my stuff into a new place and having to set everything up and find plugs and things all over again. Yet the idea of everyone doing those things without me, of all of my friends from school greeting each other and swapping summer stories and lugging their possessions up staircases, makes me really sad. I wish I could be there, just to see everyone again!

It's sad to realize that for the first time in 3 years I won't be welcoming freshmen to the greatest dorm on earth; there will be strangers living in what was, for 3 years, my room. Not that I'm really attached to the tiny, un-air conditioned room with the perpetually sticky floors and the lousy lighting, but it's still hard to imagine someone else living there. I hope they're nice, though, and that they like it. For those of you who are still there, you'd better keep the FARC cool, even without the now-departed "Elder FARCers"!

To everyone moving back to school and getting ready to start the semester: Good luck with all your hauling, shopping, and preparations, and have a great semester!

3 Comments:

  • Of course, we miss you being here while we move in, as well. I can't wait for you to come back, but you know that :-)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:51 PM  

  • Lauren,
    Just finished reading your latest messages. I don't think i'd like to eat with pigeons. Talked to your Mom this morning. It has been so hot here. Unusually so for our area. Into the 90's. Went to a wedding reception for the daughter of a friend. Nice! Take care and know that you are in our prayers. We love you! Grandaddy and Grandmother

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:12 PM  

  • Lauren-
    A taste of what I'm sure you aren't missing...

    http://www.columbiatribune.com/2005/Aug/20050815News021.asp

    Love,
    Angie

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home