You're Going Where?

Thursday, October 27, 2005

Another Attempt...

I've been playing with technology a bit more, and I think I've found a way to get more pictures onto the blog. Here goes!



Here are some study abroad students, enjoying the sunlight on the beach at Simon's Town.



Above are some of South Africa's "jackass" penguins, playing at Boulders Beach.



Here are some slightly more intimidating South African animals. I took this picture while on safari in Kruger with Mom.



This is another shot from the safari with Mom, from our last day, when we happened upon a lioness and four cubs sleeping in the middle of the road.



A shot of the winelands, which are just east of Cape Town. I'm constantly amazed by the patchwork fields of bright yellow. I don't know what the yellow plants are, but just seeing them makes me happy.



Mom and I visited Cape Aghulas, the southern-most point in Africa, and convinced another pair of tourists to take our picture with the sign.



Jenny and I pause for a picture before taking off on our next adventure.



The landscape of Nature's Valley (a town on the Indian Ocean in South Africa), doing it's best to imitate the British Isles.



The Indian Ocean crashes into the bottom of the African continent, how beautiful!



Here is a hiking trail the I hiked over "study week". I love the light in this shot!

I hope both that the pictures worked and that you enjoyed them. If all goes well, there may be more to come!

5 Comments:

  • Lauren,
    These pictures are absolutely breathtaking. I can't wait to see all of the pictures you've been taking while you've been there. Glad you will be coming home soon.

    Mary

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:23 AM  

  • Lauren,
    The pictures are beautiful. Of course you know my favorite is the penguins. Can't wait to see all the pictures.
    Wanda

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:30 AM  

  • Thanks for posting the pictures--it makes all your adventures seem that much more real to me. :) Enjoy your last few weeks! Love,
    Angie

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:19 AM  

  • penguins!
    -KJ

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:40 PM  

  • Lauren, What a beautiful part of the world! Your photography is beautiful! We are looking forward to seeing more when you get home. I especially like the one of you and your Mom !

    Love you! Grandmother
    P.S. "Ditto" for Granddaddy!!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home